Sunday, June 19, 2005
It's raining heavily now and very cold outside, and I was almost stuck at FS after supper, luckily we managed to get back just before it started to pour. And my hair's still wet. And I'm hungry again. Darn! Need to do my groceries tomorrow, ran out of cereal already. Talking about supper, there's this silly girl who met 3 snails on the way back from supper and she was so scared she screamed, "Ah! Snail!" and covered her face like as if there's a bomb waiting to explode. Haha.. anyway, she only knows basic Chinese and according to her:
床前明月光 = in front of the ship there's moonlight
疑是地上霜 = the fish on the floor are dead
举头望明月 = look up and see the moon
低头思故乡 = look down and something (can't remember)
Anyway, the 2nd line was so funny. WK then explained and analysed the poem for her very nicely.
Everytime I wear my retainers, one side of my tongue will be red and sore a few days later, then maybe another few days later there will be some ulcers/cuts growing at different parts of the tongue. My retainers are torturing my tongue! I don't get it. Why is this so?
Today there were only 2 groups of customers. One was a family of 4 who was already there went I got to the cafe, and I didn't have to serve them. Another was the 2 PROs (public relations officers) of the pub just beside us, and I had to walk down and up the stairs quite a number of times, to serve and to clear plates. Chatted a bit with the mamasan there, and she offered me or my friends a pay of double my current one at the cafe, but the place is a bit ... you know. Anyway, just talked cock with her lah. And she remembered my name, yikes. So the whole day, we were practically sitting around, learning new games and teaching each other games, and also discussing about the Urban Event organised by MCDS on 2nd July. We're going to have an area there and we're holding some competition thing. But it's not as competitive as it sounds, more like carnival style. I'll be in charge of the chinese chess/international chess section, starting and ending the game, and tabulating the final scores of the players. To be frank, the top prize is very attractive to me, but too bad I cannot join.
So here goes...
2nd July (a whole day thing, probably 11am - 6pm) outside Cineleisure Orchard
Games playable:
Monopoly (different limited editions, eg. LOTR, star wars, the dog)
Blokus (1 min to learn, very easy and fun game)
Carrom
Chinese Chess & International Chess
There'll be at least 5 sessions for my section, each session is 45 minutes with 16 players (4 boards each of C-chess & I-chess). Depending on the crowd, if there are more people in the queue, I'll stagger the time of games, then any pair which ends the game before the time limit is up can have another pair take over the board to start a new game asap. Then I'll use the point system, highest points win.
More details later. But everyone come! Support me!
床前明月光 = in front of the ship there's moonlight
疑是地上霜 = the fish on the floor are dead
举头望明月 = look up and see the moon
低头思故乡 = look down and something (can't remember)
Anyway, the 2nd line was so funny. WK then explained and analysed the poem for her very nicely.
Everytime I wear my retainers, one side of my tongue will be red and sore a few days later, then maybe another few days later there will be some ulcers/cuts growing at different parts of the tongue. My retainers are torturing my tongue! I don't get it. Why is this so?
Today there were only 2 groups of customers. One was a family of 4 who was already there went I got to the cafe, and I didn't have to serve them. Another was the 2 PROs (public relations officers) of the pub just beside us, and I had to walk down and up the stairs quite a number of times, to serve and to clear plates. Chatted a bit with the mamasan there, and she offered me or my friends a pay of double my current one at the cafe, but the place is a bit ... you know. Anyway, just talked cock with her lah. And she remembered my name, yikes. So the whole day, we were practically sitting around, learning new games and teaching each other games, and also discussing about the Urban Event organised by MCDS on 2nd July. We're going to have an area there and we're holding some competition thing. But it's not as competitive as it sounds, more like carnival style. I'll be in charge of the chinese chess/international chess section, starting and ending the game, and tabulating the final scores of the players. To be frank, the top prize is very attractive to me, but too bad I cannot join.
So here goes...
2nd July (a whole day thing, probably 11am - 6pm) outside Cineleisure Orchard
Games playable:
Monopoly (different limited editions, eg. LOTR, star wars, the dog)
Blokus (1 min to learn, very easy and fun game)
Carrom
Chinese Chess & International Chess
There'll be at least 5 sessions for my section, each session is 45 minutes with 16 players (4 boards each of C-chess & I-chess). Depending on the crowd, if there are more people in the queue, I'll stagger the time of games, then any pair which ends the game before the time limit is up can have another pair take over the board to start a new game asap. Then I'll use the point system, highest points win.
More details later. But everyone come! Support me!