Thursday, June 16, 2005
Here's what I ate today:
3 subway-style sandwiches from conference refreshments (2-bite size)
Countless popiahs (it's too nice I just kept eating) with 冬粉 inside from conference refreshments (2-bite size)
Vegetable rice with damn nice & fresh fish from staff lunch
1/2 a prata egg from Suntec Kopitiam
Last day of this 4-day work, CommunicAsia booth was rather free cos today's the last day of our conference, the whole day was super slack. This mass eating started when one of our supervisors brought us a plate of popiahs to eat behind the counter. This really touched all of us cos initially we thought she was rather cold, and she proved us wrong - she's actually very nice and pretty humorous. My first bite of the popiah was super warm, as in 温暖, and 幸福. I think it's not only cos it tasted nice, but also cos it's from her. Then the guard gave us a huge plate of sandwiches, and it just carried on from there.
Made 10 very nice friends during this stint, and exchanged contact. Many of them went out meeting friends and boyfriends. 3 of us met the boyfriend of a girl who just graduated from NUS, my senior, and they're preparing to get married already. Wah.. blissful man, I also want. Initially I had the urge to go to Expo to see the exhibition but it might not be a good idea cos I had no business card to register with. But I browsed through the hardcopy of some of the presentations and also looked at the package that the press got at the conference, and roughly know what it's all about already. I do know now that Samsung has the world's smallest 3G phone currently. And yesterday's news had talked about Samsung having the world's first 7.0 megapixel camera phone. Cool! I also saw a brief description about the virtual keyboard using Bluetooth that HH's very interested in, and I wonder how it can accurately detect the actual keys that the fingers are "typing". What if the users don't type using the "correct" fingers?
3 subway-style sandwiches from conference refreshments (2-bite size)
Countless popiahs (it's too nice I just kept eating) with 冬粉 inside from conference refreshments (2-bite size)
Vegetable rice with damn nice & fresh fish from staff lunch
1/2 a prata egg from Suntec Kopitiam
Last day of this 4-day work, CommunicAsia booth was rather free cos today's the last day of our conference, the whole day was super slack. This mass eating started when one of our supervisors brought us a plate of popiahs to eat behind the counter. This really touched all of us cos initially we thought she was rather cold, and she proved us wrong - she's actually very nice and pretty humorous. My first bite of the popiah was super warm, as in 温暖, and 幸福. I think it's not only cos it tasted nice, but also cos it's from her. Then the guard gave us a huge plate of sandwiches, and it just carried on from there.
Made 10 very nice friends during this stint, and exchanged contact. Many of them went out meeting friends and boyfriends. 3 of us met the boyfriend of a girl who just graduated from NUS, my senior, and they're preparing to get married already. Wah.. blissful man, I also want. Initially I had the urge to go to Expo to see the exhibition but it might not be a good idea cos I had no business card to register with. But I browsed through the hardcopy of some of the presentations and also looked at the package that the press got at the conference, and roughly know what it's all about already. I do know now that Samsung has the world's smallest 3G phone currently. And yesterday's news had talked about Samsung having the world's first 7.0 megapixel camera phone. Cool! I also saw a brief description about the virtual keyboard using Bluetooth that HH's very interested in, and I wonder how it can accurately detect the actual keys that the fingers are "typing". What if the users don't type using the "correct" fingers?