Monday, June 06, 2005
After 2 days at Mind Cafe, I'd already gotten used to the system there, the dos and don'ts of taking orders and serving, of course, after making a few mistakes. It's not wrong to make mistakes, but just might be a little embarrassing, and sometimes a little scary (might get myself and the cafe into serious trouble). But I learn, and I am learning. [Weyl note:] There's always some homework to do - study the menu and be clear of what's available and what's not before starting work, read game books and learn to play new games when there's nothing to do. Heard from the only full-time there (other than the cook) that 2 other part-timers are not working anymore, so it seems that I'm the 2nd waitress-in-command now haha.
Yesterday was not as busy as Saturday. One of the investors in the cafe, who used to be Boss' ex-Boss, came with his family. They're a really nice bunch of people. The youngest in the family's a Primary 5 kid, who just learnt chinese chess in Beijing a few days ago. So I played 3 games of chinese chess and 1 game of international chess with him, and I realised that he liked to make funny formations like Yucheng - 双炮 in line 5 by moving 炮 back by 1 as the 1st step, else he uses 兵 like nobody's business, the 三/七兵 and 五兵 even. But then he kept making mistakes like moving pieces to places where I can directly eat them (same in I-chess), and I 将抽车 him 3 times (1 of the times using 空头炮). Whoa that's my 2nd favourite move, favourite being 马后炮 but no chance to use it. Oh btw we played I-chess using LOTR pieces, and C-chess using the shape of the pieces (炮 is really a canon, 车 is a chariot, 将/帅 is a guy on a handsome horse). SO COOL!
[add-on]
I realise that many people do not have sms etiquette, and many people are not as nice as you think they are. There are many nice people around, but the few not-so-nice people just make the world look so bleak. So, what now? Continue being nice to them and hope that they're nice back? Or just bochup them and leave them to do what they want? I'm utterly pissed today.
Yesterday was not as busy as Saturday. One of the investors in the cafe, who used to be Boss' ex-Boss, came with his family. They're a really nice bunch of people. The youngest in the family's a Primary 5 kid, who just learnt chinese chess in Beijing a few days ago. So I played 3 games of chinese chess and 1 game of international chess with him, and I realised that he liked to make funny formations like Yucheng - 双炮 in line 5 by moving 炮 back by 1 as the 1st step, else he uses 兵 like nobody's business, the 三/七兵 and 五兵 even. But then he kept making mistakes like moving pieces to places where I can directly eat them (same in I-chess), and I 将抽车 him 3 times (1 of the times using 空头炮). Whoa that's my 2nd favourite move, favourite being 马后炮 but no chance to use it. Oh btw we played I-chess using LOTR pieces, and C-chess using the shape of the pieces (炮 is really a canon, 车 is a chariot, 将/帅 is a guy on a handsome horse). SO COOL!
[add-on]
I realise that many people do not have sms etiquette, and many people are not as nice as you think they are. There are many nice people around, but the few not-so-nice people just make the world look so bleak. So, what now? Continue being nice to them and hope that they're nice back? Or just bochup them and leave them to do what they want? I'm utterly pissed today.