Sunday, May 22, 2005
Had a really long sleep and a really long dream that lasted (in the dream) from night to morning. I don't think it's real time dreaming (think: real time gaming). But the most significant part of the dream was about an innovative method of killing cockroaches - using electromagnetic induction (EMI). I'm not sure if it works, but in the dream, we're supposed to use this small magnet tied to a string and electronically create a magnetic field on the cockroach, then we let it go and apply this force to attract the cockroach to the magnet. The impact will kill it, and it ends up a dead cockroach on the magnet. Well, I'm not a physicist, and I wouldn't dare to try it anyway, but someone should try it to see if it works, then maybe we can use it not only to exterminate cockroaches, but also bus conductors (might need a greater magnetic field and greater force).