<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Finally ended my 3 day JB tour and returned to sweet Singapore home. The first day was Wednesday, went with betiau to the newly opened Neway in City Square. His friend Sebby was supposed to go too, but HE FORGOT TO BRING PASSPORT! *slaps forehead* He realised it while on the train to JE and headed back to campus after that. Having heard so much hype about Neway from betiau, I was so looking forward to it. We could even use our NUS matric card for student discount there. (The matric card says 'Student Card' at the top left corner.) We entered the place at a nice time, and we sang from 3-7pm for about RM10 each, and that includes 2 drinks each and 1 basket of crackers. Really good price! There were 3 mics and since there were only 2 of us, we just kept singing and singing. I only rested when betiau was singing cantonese songs or 阿桑 songs. Later we extended the hours so we could try the buffet dinner, we sang until 10pm. This time the price went to about RM30 each, and still included 2 drinks each and 1 basket of crackers. But the food was really good, hotel standard I must say. There was 冷盘, 西洋菜汤, chinese food, jap food, desserts... I think I was more involved in eating than singing haha, but I still sang quite a bit of Jeff songs then. After so many hours of singing, my throat was feeling a bit croaky, luckily for the 3 glasses of iced lemon honey I drank, it recovered quite fast.

Second day I went JB was with a bunch of really cute girls, all my juniors. We went to Neway! Haha.. I was the only one who knew the way, so I led them from Kranji to customs, customs to City Square, and then to Neway. This time we tried the lunch package, which was only RM5-9 per head depending on the food ordered, including a drink! We shared the price anyway and ended up paying RM7 each, which was really really good. 6 of us were in a pretty big room with an attached toilet even, cool! After singing, we went to Mutiara hotel where WJ's cousin had a free room benefit from his company which he very kindly gave us. It started to rain heavily when we got there, and we slacked around the room for a while to wait for the rain to stop, but we gave up and borrowed an umbrella from the reception instead cos we wanted to go shopping in the complex beside the hotel. 3 of us shared an umbrella, and the back half of my was practically wet after getting to shelter. Spent half the time in uncomfortable mode. Bought a really expensive white long sleeved top, dunno what the hell I was doing, happily tried and bought it without even looking at the price. Was supposed to buy a matching jeans too but it totalled up to an amount more than what I had brought even, and I had to leave some money for my haircut, so I gave up the jeans. Thinking about it now, I should've bought the jeans instead. Hmm.. but the top looked pretty good on me.

We went to have the famous JB seafood for dinner. The name of the place was 三楼海鲜. It's famous for fried bee hoon, it's really good, the best among all the dishes we ordered. Wah I miss it already.. They ordered chilli crab and since I don't take chilli, I had a lot of butter prawns. It's so sinful! Every bite/suck of the outer covering was filled with saltiness and butter. Never -never- order the 潮州芋泥 there, it sucks. It's instant! We saw them taking it out from a plastic container, we all thought it was microwaved. It didn't look like 芋泥 at all, it looked like 饭菜. :( It was Bland's birthday that very day itself, so we all treated her to this meal. We even asked the Auntie waitress there to help us take photo. Oddly the camera didn't flash and we thought she didn't manage to take, later we saw 5 photos of us. Poor Auntie haha. We returned to the hotel in time to watch 镜中人, and we discussed about the story and the acting after that. Both Bland and I thought Fann was really fantastic, being able to portray the character(s) so well! Eve later told us the development of the story she read from i-weekly, and I confirmed my suspicions about Fann's character (actually quite sure already, even when it looked like she really was faking, i still insisted she was). Later Bland realised that the water from the tap was not clean, it was a bit brownish/muddy and even had precititate in it. Yuck! We couldn't even bathe or wash our faces, had to go buy mineral water for rationing. There were 4 of us left in the room cos WJ went home to sleep, so we played bridge and the losing pair did situps (cos I wanted to slim down my tummy and train abs so I can have 三条线 on my tummy and look damn cool haha, but looking at my tummy, there's still a long way to go).

The next morning me and Bland couldn't manage to wake the 2 other pigs up, so we went for a light Macs breakfast ourselves before WJ and mum came to pick us up to a small Taiwanese restaurant for brunch. The 锅贴's really good, crispy on the outside, and when you bite it the juice flows out. Woohoo! This is heaven! I ordered this huge bowl of mushroom porridge which wasn't very nice and I couldn't finish it cos of the breakfast earlier on. Eve went back to SG first and the rest of us went to do our hair, that's one of the main highlight of the trip (KTV, shopping, seafood, hair)! First I got this silly guy who washed my hair, then asked me what hairstyle I wanted, somehow he didn't understand what I wanted and I didn't understand what he was saying, and he kept giving me the blur face and even went to ask the guy doing Bland's hair how to cut. Gosh, me and Bland were so worried. Luckily later a more professional girl came to do my hair. Had my fringe rebonded and looked like 贞子, then she cut my fringe and then thinned my back hair, then dyed my hair 'light brown reflecting ash', applied some styling lotion on my back hair and twisted it, and blew my hair so that it was still curly. I looked so cute but they all said I looked more matured. *bish* I was pretty shuang cos my hair was curly but my fringe was so straight. So excited to show everyone else my hair. Me, SY and Bland bought Secret Recipe to bring back to SG. I ate it last night while watching the shows I recorded, and it's freaking nice! I forgot the name of my cheesecake, it was Rocky-something. I took a few photos of myself. Who wants to see my new hair can ask me to show you, or ask me out, but then it's not curly already cos the styling lotion lost its effect, and after I wash my hair, it's going to be pretty straight again. Hehe so fun. Some of you are going to see my hair soon.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?