Monday, April 25, 2005
Finished my chinese paper today. Tons of readings that I couldn't finish during the weekend, even if I wasn't out/watching TV for most of the time. Looked through the past year papers and decided that since there's 1 out of 2 choices that I can pick for each section, I shall select a few chapters to study and ignore the rest. It's very interesting how some questions can be repeated so many times and with such similar phrasing. After picking out 5 chapters/questions, I realised that all those I've chosen were not touched on during tutorials at all, except for 红楼梦. I'm not sure if this is logical, but instincts somehow tell me that the chapters chosen to be discussed in tutorials are more important. But believing that a miracle will appear if you go against instincts, I decided to go ahead with the chapters I've chosen and ignore those in tutorials, including 红楼梦 (also because they seem more difficult to study). In the end, the 4 chapters I chose came out (again) in the exam, but that doesn't mean I'm going to score because I didn't finish studying and my knowledge is so little compared to the rest of the people. Only had to do 3 questions though. At least I didn't waste my time studying the rest of the stuff which either didn't come out or I probably wouldn't be able to remember.
I went for exam without my pencil case, and had to borrow some lousy pens from my friends. Initially I used the non-ink one, and it was so lousy I couldn't bear using it after writing 1 page, so I switched to the ink one. Usually I don't like using ink pens for exams, somehow I think there's this risk of all my words disappearing when the booklet gets wet. Paranoia. And argh, I see people writing lines after lines, pages after pages, and I really wrote so little compared to them. Silly me forgot to look at the very first 志怪 book and the author of 金瓶梅! That's a few marks gone. Grrr... damn I hope I pass. Haha, and I had an hour-long phone conversation after my paper. Shuang.
I went for exam without my pencil case, and had to borrow some lousy pens from my friends. Initially I used the non-ink one, and it was so lousy I couldn't bear using it after writing 1 page, so I switched to the ink one. Usually I don't like using ink pens for exams, somehow I think there's this risk of all my words disappearing when the booklet gets wet. Paranoia. And argh, I see people writing lines after lines, pages after pages, and I really wrote so little compared to them. Silly me forgot to look at the very first 志怪 book and the author of 金瓶梅! That's a few marks gone. Grrr... damn I hope I pass. Haha, and I had an hour-long phone conversation after my paper. Shuang.