Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Thanks. I can never thank you enough. *sigh*
Had an interesting lunch at the newly-opened Fratello's which took over Angel's Restaurant with my aunt-in-law. Adult talk. Wow. Sigh, I dun wanna grow up.
The Little Chinese Seamstress was pretty nice, wasn't it? I think it's rather symbolic, and some say artistic (even counted the number of times the scene of the mountain stairway appeared in the show). 3 years after it was produced, I finally got to watch it. *happy* The accent of the people sounded like Shanghainese, I remember my Shanghainese JC classmates spoke similarly, but maybe I'm wrong. Hee.. now I wish I could upload the photos we took onto my online photo album, especially those of the desserts.. Mmmm... But my personal favourite is still the one of the waterfall. =)
3.35pm
It's the next day already. Had the shortest lab of the semester, and it's also my last lab of the semester. Originally we were supposed to do experiment 5, but they changed it to experiment 4 at the last minute, and this experiment's on bomb calorimeter, only 1 pair out of the whole lab group is chosen to do it, and WE ARE THE CHOSEN ONE! Mwahahaha.... anyway, for almost the whole time we had our own experiment room to ourselves, with aircon, except the parts where we had to flush out air from the calorimeter and titrate the bomb made for leftover substances. We even had a computer to work with and we printed out our graphs there, nice and pretty. My lab partner couldn't read the really thin thermometer very well so I got the holy job of holding a magnifying glass to read it - it's hard to find the mercury line in there, and he did the making and transferring of substances. I think we finished the earliest as well. Luckily the bomb didn't jump out of the calorimeter, otherwise it's really happy birthday to me... (inside joke)
Had an interesting lunch at the newly-opened Fratello's which took over Angel's Restaurant with my aunt-in-law. Adult talk. Wow. Sigh, I dun wanna grow up.
The Little Chinese Seamstress was pretty nice, wasn't it? I think it's rather symbolic, and some say artistic (even counted the number of times the scene of the mountain stairway appeared in the show). 3 years after it was produced, I finally got to watch it. *happy* The accent of the people sounded like Shanghainese, I remember my Shanghainese JC classmates spoke similarly, but maybe I'm wrong. Hee.. now I wish I could upload the photos we took onto my online photo album, especially those of the desserts.. Mmmm... But my personal favourite is still the one of the waterfall. =)
3.35pm
It's the next day already. Had the shortest lab of the semester, and it's also my last lab of the semester. Originally we were supposed to do experiment 5, but they changed it to experiment 4 at the last minute, and this experiment's on bomb calorimeter, only 1 pair out of the whole lab group is chosen to do it, and WE ARE THE CHOSEN ONE! Mwahahaha.... anyway, for almost the whole time we had our own experiment room to ourselves, with aircon, except the parts where we had to flush out air from the calorimeter and titrate the bomb made for leftover substances. We even had a computer to work with and we printed out our graphs there, nice and pretty. My lab partner couldn't read the really thin thermometer very well so I got the holy job of holding a magnifying glass to read it - it's hard to find the mercury line in there, and he did the making and transferring of substances. I think we finished the earliest as well. Luckily the bomb didn't jump out of the calorimeter, otherwise it's really happy birthday to me... (inside joke)