Tuesday, March 08, 2005
I survived 3h of tutorial today, and I learnt a lot of stuff from the chinese tutorial! Tuesday is my most hated day of the week, there'll be at least 1 tutorial (programming) and when there's more tutorials it'll be either chinese tutorial or chem tutorial, and it's damn sian cos I either haven't finished reading and dunno what to say (chinese) or I didn't prepare cos they're tons of other things to do and this just isn't as important (chem).
Programming tutorial was quite sian and I'm still very blur about java. The tutor couldn't explain well to us, and even said that we're not concentrating so we couldn't understand. WTH.. anyway, he asked one of the students sitting in the same row as me to explain the algorithm, then me and my tutorial kaki were cursing how about suay we were because last week we were also called out to explain the algorithms, and I was the 3rd counting from that student, but this time both of us only started looking at the questions when we entered the class (like 5-10 min before the class began) so we were praying very hard that we could answer whatever he asked us later. Luckily for us, only 1 person was called out to explain the algorithm, and he explained the rest of it. Argh, algorithms are getting longer and harder to comprehend.
During the 1h break I had, I bought 2 LocalBrand Tshirts at one of the booths at the Forum. Originally $25 each, but $20 now after discount of $5, and a further reduction of $5 if we show a test paper that has a pathetic grade of C+ or below - that I have lots. Yay, so I spent $30 there. Wanted to get a green Tshirt, but the only 2 designs I like only had black and white. Xiaxue was there too, and I just wanted to see how she looked like in real life. Had lunch with lesbian partner after that, feeling so sian and wondering if I should skip my chinese tutorial. Went for it in the end, hoping that I wouldn't malu myself.
Glad that I went for tutorial, quite a 收获 there. The main topic of discussion was 巧合 and 报, and it's very important to know the exact definition of 巧合, if not we'll just keep listing examples of 偶然 and not the real 巧合 that's required. Arrived late a bit and they were all listing the examples already, and wanted to chup in but not much chance. Then because I only read 1 set out of 3 sets of reading, I had only stuff to say about the 1st set, but they went on to the 2nd set quite quickly. Then even worse, he went on to a set of readings that we didn't have because we didn't photocopy it, and he asked a question and called me to answer - difference between 报 and 报应 and how they feature in the stories. I was wondering how to answer him when I didn't even read the readings, then I simply came up with my own definition according to my gut feeling, and said that 报 is 人为 and 报应 has element of 天 and 命运 in it, whoa it was actually correct! (Actually I dunno if it's correct or not, but from the response of the tutor and the rest of the class it seems I'm correct.) Even Qin said she has to 拜我 already. I'm smart lah haha. Like who would actually think of such definitions simply by looking at the words itself? Seriously I impress myself sometimes.
Relax a bit, then go back to reality (SWC shopping, choir, chem test, chinese essay...).
Programming tutorial was quite sian and I'm still very blur about java. The tutor couldn't explain well to us, and even said that we're not concentrating so we couldn't understand. WTH.. anyway, he asked one of the students sitting in the same row as me to explain the algorithm, then me and my tutorial kaki were cursing how about suay we were because last week we were also called out to explain the algorithms, and I was the 3rd counting from that student, but this time both of us only started looking at the questions when we entered the class (like 5-10 min before the class began) so we were praying very hard that we could answer whatever he asked us later. Luckily for us, only 1 person was called out to explain the algorithm, and he explained the rest of it. Argh, algorithms are getting longer and harder to comprehend.
During the 1h break I had, I bought 2 LocalBrand Tshirts at one of the booths at the Forum. Originally $25 each, but $20 now after discount of $5, and a further reduction of $5 if we show a test paper that has a pathetic grade of C+ or below - that I have lots. Yay, so I spent $30 there. Wanted to get a green Tshirt, but the only 2 designs I like only had black and white. Xiaxue was there too, and I just wanted to see how she looked like in real life. Had lunch with lesbian partner after that, feeling so sian and wondering if I should skip my chinese tutorial. Went for it in the end, hoping that I wouldn't malu myself.
Glad that I went for tutorial, quite a 收获 there. The main topic of discussion was 巧合 and 报, and it's very important to know the exact definition of 巧合, if not we'll just keep listing examples of 偶然 and not the real 巧合 that's required. Arrived late a bit and they were all listing the examples already, and wanted to chup in but not much chance. Then because I only read 1 set out of 3 sets of reading, I had only stuff to say about the 1st set, but they went on to the 2nd set quite quickly. Then even worse, he went on to a set of readings that we didn't have because we didn't photocopy it, and he asked a question and called me to answer - difference between 报 and 报应 and how they feature in the stories. I was wondering how to answer him when I didn't even read the readings, then I simply came up with my own definition according to my gut feeling, and said that 报 is 人为 and 报应 has element of 天 and 命运 in it, whoa it was actually correct! (Actually I dunno if it's correct or not, but from the response of the tutor and the rest of the class it seems I'm correct.) Even Qin said she has to 拜我 already. I'm smart lah haha. Like who would actually think of such definitions simply by looking at the words itself? Seriously I impress myself sometimes.
Relax a bit, then go back to reality (SWC shopping, choir, chem test, chinese essay...).