Friday, February 11, 2005
My sis worked during CNY cos of the double pay. As a result, our visiting hours were shifted forward and we had to wake up early in the morning. In fact, she didn't even go for the reunion dinner, and I kept her red packet and lied that she didn't get any cos she didn't go, but of cos I returned to her later. One thing I'm glad this CNY is that I got to watch lotsa shows, esp. My Fair Lady aka 我爱钟无艳! But I dunno why in the world my comp's not letting me watch the last episode of 情来运转 now! Damn I think I gotta go watch in lounge or something.
My father's elder brother's daughter (aka one of my cousins) is in DHS GEP Sec 3, and she hates NBK. She said her whole class hated him cos they dun understand what he's talking about all the time. And there's only 12 people left in the Sec 1 class now cos many of them went to other schools to do some IP thing I think, so next year there'll be no more GEP in DHS. Oh anyway, that was not the main point. This cousin of mine has very similar academic path as me. She took Jap in Sec 1 and 2 and dropped it after that to continue with AEP (while it was MEP in my case). That's pretty amazing, I didn't expect her to be so similar to me. Then 初一 night I found some leftover DHS 作文纸 in my cupboard and brought to my grandma's house on 初二 to give her, and she was more than glad. I think they can last her for a few months.
My father's younger brother's wife works in NUS (as some important figure in her department) and she nicely offered to help me buy textbooks at almost cost price if I need them. I was sitting beside her while she and my other aunt-in-law was talking about how to teach her daughter. She was comparing her 1st and 2nd daughters and she's at a loss as to how to improve her 1st daughter's academic results. I didn't really want to listen to this boring topic but some bits of information went into my ears and I couldn't help it. People have said that she usually talks to her children like how she talks to her subordinates. When the subordinates meet with a problem, she expects them to come up with 3 solutions before coming to see her to discuss about the problem, otherwise she would just throw her out. Wah, sounds scary. I hope I won't have such scary experiences next time. And she uses Fabien/Fabian to teach the kids, and sometimes Andrew Er (sp?)(but that's a little too difficult). I secretly think her 2 daughters have no 家教, but I guess she can't be blamed lah. They need to learn to be less rude and self-centred. Actually I prefer listening to my other aunt-in-law's counselling experiences. Much more interesting.
My father's elder brother's daughter (aka one of my cousins) is in DHS GEP Sec 3, and she hates NBK. She said her whole class hated him cos they dun understand what he's talking about all the time. And there's only 12 people left in the Sec 1 class now cos many of them went to other schools to do some IP thing I think, so next year there'll be no more GEP in DHS. Oh anyway, that was not the main point. This cousin of mine has very similar academic path as me. She took Jap in Sec 1 and 2 and dropped it after that to continue with AEP (while it was MEP in my case). That's pretty amazing, I didn't expect her to be so similar to me. Then 初一 night I found some leftover DHS 作文纸 in my cupboard and brought to my grandma's house on 初二 to give her, and she was more than glad. I think they can last her for a few months.
My father's younger brother's wife works in NUS (as some important figure in her department) and she nicely offered to help me buy textbooks at almost cost price if I need them. I was sitting beside her while she and my other aunt-in-law was talking about how to teach her daughter. She was comparing her 1st and 2nd daughters and she's at a loss as to how to improve her 1st daughter's academic results. I didn't really want to listen to this boring topic but some bits of information went into my ears and I couldn't help it. People have said that she usually talks to her children like how she talks to her subordinates. When the subordinates meet with a problem, she expects them to come up with 3 solutions before coming to see her to discuss about the problem, otherwise she would just throw her out. Wah, sounds scary. I hope I won't have such scary experiences next time. And she uses Fabien/Fabian to teach the kids, and sometimes Andrew Er (sp?)(but that's a little too difficult). I secretly think her 2 daughters have no 家教, but I guess she can't be blamed lah. They need to learn to be less rude and self-centred. Actually I prefer listening to my other aunt-in-law's counselling experiences. Much more interesting.