Friday, October 08, 2004
Ever since I dug out my wisdom tooth, there's been this mysterious hole there where food likes to fall in, and everytime after every meal I have to suck it out with great force. :( Feel so stupid.
It's 7pm now and the sky looks very dark, kind of gloomy.
Science got trashed by arts yesterday. I played the 1st and 4th quarters and a bit of the 3rd quarter. Was pretty tired cos of the dance auditions the day before, in which Juli pulled me to keep practising and practising until I couldn't perform in the final thing. Waste my time and energy, oh well. Our power centre couldn't make it for the match, so in her place is a very lousy Hazel, damn nua, cannot even get a single rebound, I wonder what she has been doing this past 2 years in SH bball, not learning anything at all. Like join for the sake of joining, didn't even bother to invest some effort and energy in it to try and improve her skills. Oh well, maybe I'm asking too much from people, but like I'm playing for science now and I'm gonna do my best for science, just like I'm going to do my best for SH as well as anything I do. At least I played out something in the 4th quarter. Most of the people around couldn't do what I, as control, expected them to do, and many of those who can weren't on form today (like me) so also fall short of our own standards. So I simply chiong and induced a foul from the opposition centre, pity I could only get 1 ball in for penalty though. It's really DAMN SHIOK to induce foul! The feeling is.. WOW!!! Then later there was a ball where I was near the base line, and I simply made a shot and amazingly (and luckily) it went in. Nearing the end there was a fast break where my teammate couldn't get the ball in and it rebounded to Hazel, who happily threw it towards my face. Luckily it wasn't that painful, and I tried to drive past the defender and do a layup, but the ball didn't go in. Damn.
Had organic chem lab today, somehow everyone just came and asked me how to do this and how to do that, as if I'm the TA, just because I was the fastest. Very weird, cos I had to say the same thing over and over again, telling everyone exactly what the procedures were. There was one part where I even collected 0.8ml of p-toluenesulfonic acid monohydrate from the burette for 2 of my lab group mates, cos they were scared that they weren't accurate enough. Anyway I got my lab report back, and the marker wrote a big 'Discussion?'. Weird, cos my discussion was there, it was even there in the heading 'Results and Discussion' and there was a big chunk of 2 paragraphs of discussion where the marker put a nice black tick there, and still asked me for my discussion? *sigh* But hey, I like my organic chem lab group people, they're funny, and there's only 6 of us so we kinda chatted a lot during lab and did stuff together and finished chopchop for lab. Very enjoyable. 4 of us had a late lunch (4+ pm) together after the lab.
Man, I have lots of clothes to wash this week. And I've a test on Mon, a lab report due on Wed, a lab report due on Fri, and 2 lab reports due on Sat. Gosh, I thought this week was bad, next week's even worse. I want to bathe, feel so damn sticky, bloody weather's so hot!
It's 7pm now and the sky looks very dark, kind of gloomy.
Science got trashed by arts yesterday. I played the 1st and 4th quarters and a bit of the 3rd quarter. Was pretty tired cos of the dance auditions the day before, in which Juli pulled me to keep practising and practising until I couldn't perform in the final thing. Waste my time and energy, oh well. Our power centre couldn't make it for the match, so in her place is a very lousy Hazel, damn nua, cannot even get a single rebound, I wonder what she has been doing this past 2 years in SH bball, not learning anything at all. Like join for the sake of joining, didn't even bother to invest some effort and energy in it to try and improve her skills. Oh well, maybe I'm asking too much from people, but like I'm playing for science now and I'm gonna do my best for science, just like I'm going to do my best for SH as well as anything I do. At least I played out something in the 4th quarter. Most of the people around couldn't do what I, as control, expected them to do, and many of those who can weren't on form today (like me) so also fall short of our own standards. So I simply chiong and induced a foul from the opposition centre, pity I could only get 1 ball in for penalty though. It's really DAMN SHIOK to induce foul! The feeling is.. WOW!!! Then later there was a ball where I was near the base line, and I simply made a shot and amazingly (and luckily) it went in. Nearing the end there was a fast break where my teammate couldn't get the ball in and it rebounded to Hazel, who happily threw it towards my face. Luckily it wasn't that painful, and I tried to drive past the defender and do a layup, but the ball didn't go in. Damn.
Had organic chem lab today, somehow everyone just came and asked me how to do this and how to do that, as if I'm the TA, just because I was the fastest. Very weird, cos I had to say the same thing over and over again, telling everyone exactly what the procedures were. There was one part where I even collected 0.8ml of p-toluenesulfonic acid monohydrate from the burette for 2 of my lab group mates, cos they were scared that they weren't accurate enough. Anyway I got my lab report back, and the marker wrote a big 'Discussion?'. Weird, cos my discussion was there, it was even there in the heading 'Results and Discussion' and there was a big chunk of 2 paragraphs of discussion where the marker put a nice black tick there, and still asked me for my discussion? *sigh* But hey, I like my organic chem lab group people, they're funny, and there's only 6 of us so we kinda chatted a lot during lab and did stuff together and finished chopchop for lab. Very enjoyable. 4 of us had a late lunch (4+ pm) together after the lab.
Man, I have lots of clothes to wash this week. And I've a test on Mon, a lab report due on Wed, a lab report due on Fri, and 2 lab reports due on Sat. Gosh, I thought this week was bad, next week's even worse. I want to bathe, feel so damn sticky, bloody weather's so hot!