<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 18, 2003

It's always good to write down the useful things you have learnt in your daily life, in this case it would be what I've learnt during basketball training today. Play mahjong until almost dawn yesterday, that was the first time I played mahjong in hall! Yay! Overslept for volleyball training, luckily it was raining and thus postponed to a later time of the day, but my captain kept trying to contact me and then I feel so guilty about oversleeping. Oh well. Went to AFA to look at the stage size for our SP play in the morning and sort of missed volleyball training cos by the time I came back there was only around 1h left. There were quite few people and the numbers was not right for me to slot in any of the groups, so I just hit the ball myself and a few others by the side.

On to the main topic - basketball training. I must remember the triple-threat position and to be more rough when protecting the ball, I have this tendency to let people snatch the ball from my hands or when I'm dribbling, which is very bad. The main new skill I learnt today is faking. How to fake the correct way by reading the footwork of the defender and crossing my leg over the defender's when I dribble past so that he/she cannot move back and guard me in time. Using the triple-threat position as opening, I can use the fake-shot, fake-pass or fake-move to fake the defender, thereby freeing myself to shoot or lay-up. But this movement needs some time for us to get the hang of, so that when we actually do it, it'll be very smooth.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?