Friday, December 12, 2003
Had the senior I mentioned in a previous blog train us volleyball today. He had lots of plans for the training, but they all shattered when he saw us play - apparently we needed to get our basics right first. The most important one was digging and we trained that for almost the whole thing, and for accuracy so as to hit the ball towards the setter. It was tiring, with few breaks in between. He's pretty serious when training us, totally different from his usual smiley self. He wanted to train me as a setter (cos we only have 1 setter) but I wasn't very stable in my digging, heh.. We trained service of the ball too, and I forgot how I served the ball last week during Hall 3 Games, where he said my service was good. I thought I did it the same way, but he said it was different. Anyway, service is also one of the most important things to train, cos a good service can get us a point easily. After the training ended, me and captain stayed back to talk to him, and he commented about there being quite a number of new inexperienced players. I'm inexperienced too! But I think I'm in the main 6, cos what he's looking for in a player is not only skill but also consistency. Guess volleyball trainings would take priority eh? But I have to learn to control the game in basketball as well. That's quite tough to do. And he taught me to spike (spike? looks so weird.) the ball, the steps to take and the correct way of hitting the ball, and the ball's supposed to go towards the back row, and I did it! Yay! And he also let me try out something usually the setter does, which is hitting a free ball over the net when it's kinda far away from the net, with the bend back and the swing. It's very fun!
Now my legs are aching bad, and I stood for 2h for choir. Whoa!
Now my legs are aching bad, and I stood for 2h for choir. Whoa!