<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 27, 2003

Wake up! Stop sleeping! No more feeling sleepy until 10pm, then you can sleep all you want...
Hey! The t-distribution notes (starting part with the graph of t-distribution and characteristics) is the same as JC notes, exact same words and same format! What's more interesting is the graph part, both showed N(0,1), t for v=5 and t for v=2.

8.30pm
[On ST1232]
Sucks sucks sucks... I hate entropy! Spent 1/2h doing some stupid Yes/No questions which deduct one mark for each wrong answer. It's even worse than SAT, at least in SAT only 1/4 mark is deducted but here it's 1 mark! I don't even know what I was doing when I actually shaded the answers for those that I'm not sure about! I must have turned stupid due to the shock that I got when I flipped and browsed through the questions. Spent so much time calculating the entropy, when I could have at least did something for the genetic counselling question. I specially went to study GC so that I can do it for the paper and in the end I didn't even have the time to look at the question. So much for my effort. But I'm glad I skipped the question in the first place because it wasn't very do-able as well. With all the thinking necessary for a 3rd generation 2nd child question, he gave a 3rd generation 3rd child question, which means even more thinking is needed. And that was only the last part, I heard the front part of the question was equally as confusing. Then all the funny distributions like Gamma distribution and Gaussian distribution came out and I haven't even seen such things before, so I have to keep guessing again. Why do I always have to guess? Till now I still don't know if the 3rd last question was a paired T-test or a 2 sample T-test with unequal variance. And I got all sorts of funny answers like Probability=0 and Probability=1. Argh! At least he did a good thing by putting the easy questions at the back so I can rush through it in the last 10 min.
[end of rant]

2.30am
I just played table-tennis, kept losing. Almost almost won 1 or 2 games. Almost.
I want to play basketball...
Where's everyone???

Women in New York, frost yourself!
Frost your ass!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?