Thursday, November 13, 2003
On such a stormy, windy, rainy night at 3.30am, it's very scary to bathe alone. Very cold too. But I'm gonna have to do it anyway...

Aesthete
The ULTIMATE personality test
brought to you by Quizilla
Now was the time. Two swift, deep slices, then hang on. "I'll lay me down and bleed a while, then never up again."
Yet somehow she didn't make the first cut. She shivered from the cold and the anticipation, and her arms were goosepimply, but she just sat there not doing it. She couldn't quite take that final step. She knew she had been playing at suicide before; she couldn't bleed to death from the scratch of a compass point. She could have done it from the slash of Slick's razor, but that had been in company; she had known they wouldn't actually let her die. But now it was real, and she just couldn't.
The knife dropped from her hand. She sat there and sobbed. She had come to the final test of her life, and flunked it.
She had always liked horses, not in the sense of riding them but in the sense of just liking them. She knew they were not considered very intelligent as animals went; cows did twice as well on maze tests. But there was a basic niceness about horses that other animals lacked. Oh, there were those who swore by cats because they were cuddly and purring and quiet, but cats were actually pretty selfish creatures who made friends only with those who fed them well. Some folk swore by dogs, supposedly man's best friend, but there were thousands of dog bites every year, suggesting how thin that veneer of friendship was. There were pet birds, locked in cages or in houses; hardly any of them would remain if given a chance to fly into the wild. But horses - there was just something about horses. Oh, some could be mean and some could be lazy, of course. But, taken as a whole, they were better than people.
May I pat you? she thought.
Yes.
She reached up and patted his massive neck on the left side. His mane fell to the right side, so didn't get in the way. His hide was sleek and warm. What a beautiful creature!
May I hug you?
Yes.
She reached up with both arms and clasped his neck as well as she could. She put her face against his hide and just sort of breathed his ambience. He was just such a totally magnificent animal!
May I adore you?
Yes.
She felt her emotion surging into overload.
May I cry on you?
Yes.
She stood there and wept, her tears squeezing down between her face and his hide. It was a great relief.
Finally, she lifted her face. I like horses, she thought belatedly.
I like girls.

Aesthete
The ULTIMATE personality test
brought to you by Quizilla
Now was the time. Two swift, deep slices, then hang on. "I'll lay me down and bleed a while, then never up again."
Yet somehow she didn't make the first cut. She shivered from the cold and the anticipation, and her arms were goosepimply, but she just sat there not doing it. She couldn't quite take that final step. She knew she had been playing at suicide before; she couldn't bleed to death from the scratch of a compass point. She could have done it from the slash of Slick's razor, but that had been in company; she had known they wouldn't actually let her die. But now it was real, and she just couldn't.
The knife dropped from her hand. She sat there and sobbed. She had come to the final test of her life, and flunked it.
She had always liked horses, not in the sense of riding them but in the sense of just liking them. She knew they were not considered very intelligent as animals went; cows did twice as well on maze tests. But there was a basic niceness about horses that other animals lacked. Oh, there were those who swore by cats because they were cuddly and purring and quiet, but cats were actually pretty selfish creatures who made friends only with those who fed them well. Some folk swore by dogs, supposedly man's best friend, but there were thousands of dog bites every year, suggesting how thin that veneer of friendship was. There were pet birds, locked in cages or in houses; hardly any of them would remain if given a chance to fly into the wild. But horses - there was just something about horses. Oh, some could be mean and some could be lazy, of course. But, taken as a whole, they were better than people.
May I pat you? she thought.
Yes.
She reached up and patted his massive neck on the left side. His mane fell to the right side, so didn't get in the way. His hide was sleek and warm. What a beautiful creature!
May I hug you?
Yes.
She reached up with both arms and clasped his neck as well as she could. She put her face against his hide and just sort of breathed his ambience. He was just such a totally magnificent animal!
May I adore you?
Yes.
She felt her emotion surging into overload.
May I cry on you?
Yes.
She stood there and wept, her tears squeezing down between her face and his hide. It was a great relief.
Finally, she lifted her face. I like horses, she thought belatedly.
I like girls.