<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 14, 2003

I don't want to wake up. The world is so dark. The sun is not even shining for me. Is this a punishment?

"What do you suppose the chances of your encountering me were?"
"Obviously good enough!"
She shook her head. "That is not the case. There are an infinite number of Modes. How did we meet in one?"
"I was crossing Modes, until I was trapped in the same way you were. Thus there was no chance involved."
"Not so. Infinity is broader than that. There are not only an infinite number of types of Modes, there are an infinite number of each type. An infinite number of Cyngs setting out in search of love. An infinite number of dragons trapping travelers. How is it that you encountered me, when there are an infinite number of variations of you and me?"
That had not occurred to him.
"I shall explain. We are from different Modes."
"But we speak the same language! We have the same conventions! And I know of you, and you know of Kublai! Our Modes match!"
"No. Our Modes are very similar, but they surely do not match. That is why I must remain bound to you until I reach your anchor. Were I identical, I would not need such contact; once you drew me onto your Virtual Mode, I would remain on it, being of the substance of your universe. Were I too far removed, I would not be able to cross with you at all. But I am in between: close enough to cross with your help. When I came close to you, and touched you, I did not step onto your Virtual Mode, though I could feel its ambience. I was one of the infinite number of near misses. So you see, there is no great coincidence in our meeting. There are infinitely more mismatches than perfect matches."

I NEED YOUR HELP. SHARE MY ADVENTURE.
Where are you going?
With you.
But you may not like it in his reality!
I will like it with you.

He wasn't just saying it, he was thinking it, and the sincerity of his thought was not to be doubted. Oh, Seqiro, you are so much more than I ever dreamed of!
I know. I felt you coming from afar, and hoped you were human. It is a strain to think across realities, but with the Virtual Mode it is possible, and I had to find you and bring you to me.

This was sudden, but right. Colene knew her life had changed, in a way she had never expected. She had loved Darius quickly; she loved Seqiro instantly, but in a different way. Instant love was supposed to be foolish, as it was based on infatuation rather than knowledge, but with direct mind contact, that rule was irrelevant.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?